- 1st Year of CBi
- CBi introduction (English)
- CBi introduction (French)
- CBi introduction (Spanish)
- CBi Member Networks interviews (20 videos)
- CBi YouTube Channel
- Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction, Cancun, Mexico, 22-26 May 2017
Past events and updates
- Launch of the Humanitarian Private Sector Platform in Cote d'Ivoire, Abidjan, 6 April 2017. Read more here.
- Istanbul Development Dialogues, Istanbul, Turkey, 23-24 March 2017. The private sector panel video recording can be found here and read more on the event website here.
- RES/CON The Global Resilience Summit - Thought Leadership Forum, New Orleans, 8 March 2017 9.00-11.30. Read more here.
- 5th Regional Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction in the Americas
- CBi Annual Event, Geneva, Switzerland, The first annual meeting of the Connecting Business Initiative took place in Geneva on 7 February 2017 during the Humanitarian Networks and Partnership Week (HNPW). Read the press release here.
- Nordic Innovation Day, Helsinki, Finland, CBi supported the Nordic Innovation Day - Solution-oriented workshops on humanitarian and resilience innovations in Syria and neighboring countries in Helsinki, Finland on 23 January 2017. Read more at www.helsinki2017.org #SupportSyrians
- World Economic Forum, Davos, Switzerland, Transferable Models for Localization of the SDGs - 1BC Interactive Solutions Forum took place on Friday 20th January 2017, from 10:00 AM -11:30 AM at the WFP Tent at World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos.
WHS Commitments to Action report launched on 8 September 2016
UN Secretary General's Outcome of the World Humanitarian Summit report to the General Assembly released on 23 August 2016
Op-ed: Coming of age for humanitarians and the private sector
By Stephen O'Brien, United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator
5 July 2016 - Read the full op-ed here
Recent news from the networks
- Press release of the Launch of the Humanitarian Private Sector Platform in Cote d'Ivoire, Abidjan, 6 April 2017.
- Prepare for the worst (19 November 2016 The Fiji Times)
- Workings of the new business disaster council (5 August 2016 The Fiji Times)
- ABC Pacific Beat radio interview with the Head of the Fiji Business Disaster Council George Peckham: New Fiji national body to drive private sector commitment in future disasters (3 August 2016 ABC)
- The "missing link" (26 July 2016 The Fiji Times)
- Fiji businesses join forces to boost resilience (12 May 2016 The Fiji Times)
- Fiji private sector steps up to help in national disaster management (28 April 2016 Reliefweb)
East Africa / Kenya
- HPPP Newsflash January 2017
- Business and partners come together to prepare for crises in Kenya (press release 29 November 2016)
- Initiative to benefit regional private sectors (The Fiji Times Online, 29 July 2017)
- Regional capacity building training set next week (Fiji Sun Online, 20 July 2017)
- Private sectors build partnerships for community resilience (UNDP, 13 July 2017)
- PLDT wins international disaster relief award in UK (29 July 2016 Philstar)
- UPS International Disaster Relief Award 2016 Winner: Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company - Revival of the Philippine Disaster Resilience Foundation (Case Study July 2016 Business in the Community)
- PDRF, private sector partners broaden access to quality healthcare in Haiyan-hit areas (22 February 2016 Manila Bulletin)
- PDRF to build disaster operations centerPDRF to build disaster operations center (20 March 2015 PhilStar Global)
- TCMOL hosts UN World Humanitarian Summit’s ‘Connecting Business Initiative’ in Sri Lanka (5 May 2016 newsfirst.lk)
- UNDP and FCCISL partner to promote greater private sector engagement in DRR (23 December 2015 Lanka News Web)
- Strengthening Resilience with the private sector (7 July 2017 YTS News)
- Vanuatu Business Resilience Committee (4 July Vanuatu National Advisory Board on Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction)
- Businesses help build more resilient communities (13 July 2017 The Vanuatu Independent)
- Businesses help build more resilient communities through combined efforts (13 July 2017 Pacific Islands News Association)