- CBi introduction (English)
- CBi introduction (French)
- CBi introduction (Spanish)
- CBi Member Networks (20 videos)
- Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction, Cancun, Mexico, 22-26 May 2017
Past events and updates
- Launch of the Humanitarian Private Sector Platform in Cote d'Ivoire, Abidjan, 6 April 2017. Read more here.
- Istanbul Development Dialogues, Istanbul, Turkey, 23-24 March 2017. The private sector panel video recording can be found here and read more on the event website here.
- RES/CON The Global Resilience Summit - Thought Leadership Forum, New Orleans, 8 March 2017 9.00-11.30. Read more here.
- 5th Regional Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction in the Americas
- CBi Annual Event, Geneva, Switzerland, The first annual meeting of the Connecting Business Initiative took place in Geneva on 7 February 2017 during the Humanitarian Networks and Partnership Week (HNPW). Read the press release here.
- Nordic Innovation Day, Helsinki, Finland, CBi supported the Nordic Innovation Day - Solution-oriented workshops on humanitarian and resilience innovations in Syria and neighboring countries in Helsinki, Finland on 23 January 2017. Read more at www.helsinki2017.org #SupportSyrians
- World Economic Forum, Davos, Switzerland, Transferable Models for Localization of the SDGs - 1BC Interactive Solutions Forum took place on Friday 20th January 2017, from 10:00 AM -11:30 AM at the WFP Tent at World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos.
WHS Commitments to Action report launched on 8 September 2016
UN Secretary General's Outcome of the World Humanitarian Summit report to the General Assembly released on 23 August 2016
Op-ed: Coming of age for humanitarians and the private sector
By Stephen O'Brien, United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator
5 July 2016 - Read the full op-ed here
Recent news from the networks
- Press release of the Launch of the Humanitarian Private Sector Platform in Cote d'Ivoire, Abidjan, 6 April 2017.
- 'Prepare for the worst' (19 November 2016 The Fiji Times)
- Workings of the new business disaster council (5 August 2016 The Fiji Times)
- ABC Pacific Beat radio interview with the Head of the Fiji Business Disaster Council George Peckham: New Fiji national body to drive private sector commitment in future disasters (3 August 2016 ABC)
- The "missing link" (26 July 2016 The Fiji Times)
- Fiji businesses join forces to boost resilience (12 May 2016 The Fiji Times)
- Fiji private sector steps up to help in national disaster management (28 April 2016 Reliefweb)
East Africa / Kenya
- HPPP Newsflash January 2017
- Business and partners come together to prepare for crises in Kenya (press release 29 November 2016)
- PLDT wins international disaster relief award in UK (29 July 2016 Philstar)
- UPS International Disaster Relief Award 2016 Winner: Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company - Revival of the Philippine Disaster Resilience Foundation (Case Study July 2016 Business in the Community)
- PDRF, private sector partners broaden access to quality healthcare in Haiyan-hit areas (22 February 2016 Manila Bulletin)
- PDRF to build disaster operations centerPDRF to build disaster operations center (20 March 2015 PhilStar Global)
- TCMOL hosts UN World Humanitarian Summit’s ‘Connecting Business Initiative’ in Sri Lanka (May 5, 2016 newsfirst.lk)
- UNDP and FCCISL partner to promote greater private sector engagement in DRR (December 23, 2015 Lanka News Web)