Côte d’Ivoire Private Sector Humanitarian Platform
The platform brings together the private sector in Côte d’Ivoire who want to engage in humanitarian action in a strategic and coordinated manner. The platform will be hosted by the Confédération Générale des Entreprises de Côte d’Ivoire (CGECI). CGECI is working together with the Government, represented by the Ministry of Solidarity, Social Cohesion and Compensation of Victims (Ministère de la Solidarité, de la Cohésion Sociale et de l’Indemnisation des Victimes (MSCSIV)) and the Budget Ministry (Ministère en Charge du Budget), the United Nations System and the Red Cross of Côte d’Ivoire.
The objectives of the platform include:
Create and enabling environment for private sector engagement in humanitarian action with the government and international organisations;
- Develop a work plan between the members;
- Improve understanding between the private sector and humanitarian actors;
- Identify how the private sector members of the platform can contribute to disaster risk reduction, emergency preparedness, response and recovery through their areas of expertise;
- Promote sustainable partnerships between the private sector and humanitarian organisations;
- Promote Corporate Social Responsibility among companies to contribute to disaster risk reduction, risk prevention and emergency preparedness.
- Create synergies between the private sector and humanitarian actors.
The Platform was launched on 6 April 2017 in Abidjan, read the press release here. Presentations made in the launch event are available through the links below.
Read more details in the brochure below.